An industry leading American Investment Bank is looking to hire an Executive Director of Operational Risk to its Wealth Management arm of the bank. This person will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and executing Operational Risk frameworks, leading the 2nd line oversight for WM, collaborating and challenging the 1st line on implemented controls, and ensuring analytics, data, and metrics are established in order to mitigate risks. The bank has recently completed a series of acquisitions that will affect their Wealth Management, Asset Management, and Consumer banking business lines, so this team will be heavily involved as the bank undergoes significant growth.
The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of experience in Wealth Management, Operational Risk/Risk Management, and/or Compliance; strong knowledge of SEC and FINRA rules/regulations; and experience with RCSAs, loss data processes, and scenario analyses.
- Establish, maintain, and execute the Operational Risk oversight framework for the Wealth Management business line
- Develop strong relationships across the bank and with the 1st line in order to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Identify, assess, challenge, and drive the mitigation of operational risks
- Ensure appropriate metrics and analytical tools are established to support 2nd line oversight
- Communicate with senior stakeholders, senior management, and WM Risk committees about potential risk exposures
- 8+ years of experience in Wealth Management risk roles
- Strong understanding of SEC and FINRA rules/regulations
- Ability to coordinate regulatory exams
- Excellent communication skills for senior management/board presentations
- Confidence to challenge the 1st line when necessary
- Bachelors degree is required, MBA or other finance graduate degree is preferred