A leading Oil Refinery is seeking an experienced Oil Operator to support their Oil Trading Team(s).
You will be part of the operations team and within a dedicated desk, work closely with traders, analysts and other operators within the crude and product team based in Singapore.
- day-to-day operations related to the execution of the whole deal life-cycle for oil trading contracts
- cargo and shipping operations, by sea and/or for land and is responsible to ensure voyage and land related operations such as vessel/ truck clearances, cargo/quantity and date range nomination, issuing of voyage orders etc are to be executed timely and accurately.
- management of supply and delivery/loading schedules with internal and external counterparties to meet trading objectives while seeking optimization and ensuring compliance.
- nomination of Inspection Companies (independent inspections etc) for related cargo quality/quantity controls and ensuring the consistency of the obtained results.
- post deal activities for customs clearance, demurrage and claims for example in ensuring all necessary operational information are passed in good time.
- Daily internal interface with operational teams, traders, charterers, shipping, invoicing, claims, demurrage and legal and ensure good working relationship with all relevant internal departments.
- Manage storage locations including stock reconciliations
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 5 years of experience in oil trading environment and multi-commodities operational management are compulsory;
- Proficiency in handling cargo documentation, bill of lading, inspection activity related to Quality & Quantity controls, LC, Demurrage management (basic calculation and preventing from time-bar); voyage orders, customs duty and clearance related issues; Storage management and Ship-to-Ship operations; Blending; REACH provisions and requirements; Cargo Insurance issues;
- Good knowledge of Commodity and Vessels Operations activities including Cargoes, Time Charters, Voyage Charters, Ships;
- Good attention to detail, organised, structured and logical;
- Experience in working in a global and international organization