A real estate development and investment firm is seeking at add an Asset Manager to their team in Washington, DC that will focus across their multifamily, affordable housing, and mixed-use portfolio. They are a highly active team with properties across the Mid-Atlantic in emerging urban markets. In this role, you would be able to perform property management, leasing and asset management services.
The Asset Manager will....
- Support acquisition due diligence and onboarding, and property management
- Provide analytical ownership and supporting oversight of asset management functions, including regional and property strategic planning, leasing strategy, lease negotiations, property operations, portfolio budgeting and forecasting
- Assist with managing third-party business plan execution teams including leasing, property management, legal, due diligence, valuation, and lender partners
- Support lease negotiations and credit underwriting for retail, office, short-term rental, and multifamily leasing
- Partner with investments team on underwriting potential acquisitions as well as post-contract investment due diligence and onboarding
- Collaborate with the Execution Team to evaluate capital improvement projects, deferred maintenance, and new sources of revenues
The Asset Manager should have...
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Real Estate, or related field
- 7+ years of experience in asset management in multifamily, residential, affordable, mixed-use, or commercial markets
- Understanding of and experience with real estate underwriting, operations, capitalization and principal ownership
- Excellence in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; Argus Enterprise experience strongly preferred; Advanced Excel modeling experience required
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills