A top investment bank in the NY area is hiring for an experienced model risk manager to manage the model risk across their fixed income trading business. This role will report directly to the Head of Model Risk and will operate as the team lead for model risk management on the fixed income side. This individual will be accountable for leading model validation projects for market risk models, stress testing models, and prepayment models. The bank has one of the larger fixed income trading desks across US banking, with a heavy emphasis on securitized products. (MBS, ABS, CMBS, etc.)
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years in Model Risk Management, a strong understanding of fixed income securities, and excellent communication skills to manage relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Cover market risk and stress testing models for their fixed income trading desk
- Leading model validations for market risk and stress testing models
- Building challenger models, assessing model soundness, statistical data analysis, analyzing sensitivities, etc.
- Working as a key point person for both internal and external shareholders
- 5+ Years experience in model risk
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build influence internally and externally with shareholders