Our client is one of Europe's leading energy and utilities companies headquartered in the south of Germany. The new Head of Risk is looking to grow the company's model risk management function. He is looking for an experienced quantitative risk professional to build the internal model validation and model development team. This person will work closely with the front and middle office and external stakeholders to implement new processes and communicate effectively with management.
The ideal candidate will have broad knowledge in risk modelling across market, credit, liquidity and other risk types. This role can be done remotely from anywhere in Germany and some other places in Europe, but the line manager would expect regular travel to the headquarter in southern Germany.
Please find more details here:
- Develop and implement energy risk management strategies, models, and tools to identify, measure, and manage risk across the organization's energy trading portfolio.
- Conduct quantitative analyses of energy market exposures and recommend risk mitigation strategies to management.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure accurate and timely data is available to support energy risk management activities.
- Design, develop, and maintain models and tools to measure and monitor energy market risk exposure, including stress testing, scenario analysis, and value-at-risk models.
- Conduct research on energy markets, products, and emerging trends to enhance the company's energy risk management framework.
- Develop and maintain documentation of energy risk management processes, procedures, and models.
- Analyze and interpret large data sets to identify patterns and trends that may impact the company's energy trading and risk profile.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, or Engineering.
- Proven experience (3-5 years) in energy risk management, quantitative analysis, or a related field.
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Python or R
- Knowledge of energy markets, trading, and risk management methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
For further information please apply here or call Christine Kramp directly - her number is 030/ 166389732