A Top American Investment Bank in the New York area is hiring both Associate and VP-level candidates to build quantitative models from scratch and support their engineering business line. This team runs very lean and offers broad exposure across asset classes and financial products from a hands-on perspective.
This hire will be responsible for developing statistical and economic models for market risk factors, such as independent price verification models, stress test models,and capital models across derivatives, private equity, and illiquid cash products. Aside from the development aspect, the hire will be responsible for the entire life cycle of the modeling process including analyzing data input, design, ongoing testing, and documentation.
The firm is ideally looking for candidates with 2-7 years of experience in a hands-on model development function, strong programming skills in Python, and knowledge of mathematics and modeling.
- Hands-on model development (IPV models, stress test models, capital models)
- Data input analysis, design, ongoing testing, model documentation
- Working with the traders on common valuation problems
- 2-7 years of model development experience from a hands-on perspective
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Knowledge of mathematics, modeling, and numerical algorithms