A top Bulge-Bracket Bank is hiring for an AVP-level candidate to join their lean Market Risk Management team which sits on the trade floor in the New York office, and covers Market Risk across Rates, Emerging Markets and FX.
This junior-level hire will be responsible for covering all risk exposure, monitoring, reporting, limit setting, etc., for market risk across all Macro product areas. The role will have high visibility to senior management and global management as well, along with working with the traders and the front office on a daily basis. The firm is ideally looking for junior-level talent with prior experience in market risk, solid understanding of all risk metrics, and product knowledge across Rates and FX. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills will be necessary as constant interaction with stakeholders will be a key part of this role.
- Daily monitoring and sign-off of all risk, stress testing, and VaR/SVaR figures for accurate and appropriate market risk assessment
- Assisting senior managers in risk limit setting, as well as reviewing all VaR and non-VaR limits
- Maintaining and creating risk reports for presentation to the business
- Working with the traders and front office on all risk output and exposures
- 2-3 years of industry experience in market risk
- Solid product knowledge of Rates and FX (can be flexible)
- Understanding of market risk and all risk metrics
- Passionate about the markets as a whole