I'm working on a role with an industry-leading International Investment Bank who is looking to hire talented VP-level candidates to join their Market Risk Management team and cover their Global Credit desk. This role will report up to the US Head of the Group and be offered a platform for career growth on a lean team that covers a variety of financial instruments.
The role will primarily cover management of all market risk across the firm's Global Credit Products desk, including US Investment Grade, High Yield, Leveraged Finance, CLOs, etc. The candidate will be expected to help understand, monitor, and manage the market risks in the trading portfolio and ensure that all business is aligned with the firm's risk appetite and limits. This candidate should be able to be a presence in constant interactions with the traders and senior management, and have a solid grasp on their area of coverage.
The firm is ideally looking for candidates with at least 4+ years of prior experience operating in a trade-floor market risk management function, expertise in Global Credit products, and excellent communication skills.
- Oversight of all Market Risk across Global Credit Products (Investment Grade, Leveraged Finance, CLOs, etc.)
- Working with the trading desk on a daily basis for all market risk trends, themes, drivers, and risk exposures
- Interacting with senior stakeholders and the modeling teams
- Understanding risk measurements and management concepts (VaR, stress testing, capital modeling, etc)
- 4+ years of market risk management experience
- Deep knowledge of Global Credit Products or credit risk
- Strong quantitative skillset and the ability to interact with the modeling teams
- Strong communication and soft skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with senior management