An industry-leading American Investment Bank is hiring for an Associate Market Risk Manager covering interest rates for their NY office.
This position will be a very client-facing role, providing risk oversight for the firm, working directly with the trading desks, setting risk appetites and limits, and presenting to the risk committee.
The bank is ideally looking for someone with 3-8 years of experience at the Associate level, candidates with extensive product coverage, and effective communication skills.
- Assessing risk through portfolio and transaction level risk analysis
- Identifying and understanding risk factors that will impact the firm and the markets
- Implementing new risk measures and improvements
- Helping with effective deployment of risk appetite.
- Degree in Finance, Economics or a relevant quantitative field
- Deep understanding of financial products in relation to risk
- Ability to effectively engage with the first line of defense
- Extensive asset class knowledge and coverage