A Top American Investment Bank is hiring an Associate to join its Market Risk team covering Equity Derivatives. The team sits on the trade floor in New York and works closely with the traders on a daily basis.
This is one of the leading equity derivatives desks on the street, and this Associate will join a growing team covering a wide range of both vanilla and exotic products including: Delta One, Flow Derivatives, Barrier/Cliquet/Basket Options, VIX Products, etc.
The ideal candidate has 1-2 years of market risk experience, strong knowledge of derivatives and Greeks, and excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Regularly communicate with the traders to maximize risk/return breakdowns
- Identify key risk drivers and market conditions that effect the equity derivatives business
- Monitor exposures and risk appetite; develop, enhance, and deliver risk analytics
- Perform pre-trade analysis and approval for large and complex transactions
- Master's Degree in quantitative field (Quant Finance, Financial Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Physics, etc.)
- 1+ year of market risk experience (management or analytics)
- Strong familiarity with basic risk metrics required - VaR, risk sensitivities (Greeks), stress scenario analysis and stress testing,
- Equity derivatives knowledge strongly preferred
- Technical skills using SQL, Python, and/or VBA
- Excellent written and verbal communication