A Top American Investment Bank in the New York area is looking to fill urgent headcount on their team as they are in full-growth mode, hiring talented junior market risk candidates to sit on the trade floor and cover their Equities desk. This role has great exposure up to the Head of the Group for North America, and offers the chance to grow in and excel their career in market risk by being trained into a subject matter expertise for Equities products.
This team is one that offers specific exposure across the Equities trading desks, with their market risk managers both working daily alongside the traders to review all risk and challenge risk taking activities related to their area of product coverage, while also working alongside in a collaborative function with other business lines as well. From a day-to-day perspective this candidate will be responsible for being a junior member of the team and assisting in managing all Market Risk for the Equities trading desk. They will cover the monitoring of all trends and stress tests in regards to market changes and reporting these to the traders, as well as participating in all market risk exposure and limit breaches.
The firm is looking for candidates who are knowledgeable in financial products and option pricing (with a preference for equities experience), prior market risk experience, excellent communication skills, and a strong technical skillset.
- Assisting in the management of all market risk across the Equities trading desks
- Working with management to review and challenge all risk-taking activities
- Ensuring no limit breaches on the trade floor and escalating all breaches to senior management
- Working alongside the traders on all risk exposures
- Ad hoc requests and risk reporting tasks to senior management
- Prior market risk experience across any asset classes (with a preference for Equities)
- Knowledge of financial instruments and option pricing
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with senior management
- Strong technical acumen and skillset