We are currently working with a Global Hedge Fund that focuses on Equities in both the private and public markets. The firm invests with a long-term horizon, and approach their investments with a bottom-up approach.
They are currently seeking a Market Research Analyst to support business and market research for their portfolio companies in Japan. The successful candidate will be provided with an opportunity to become a business model expert with deep knowledge of the industries they cover. This role also provides a great deal of exposure to investment research and the investment process, to senior leadership at the firm, and the opportunity to collaborate with a uniquely global, collaborative team.
The ideal candidate would have experience in Consultancy/Market Research work, having covered a variety of business models within Internet and Financial Services. The candidate can be based in either Singapore/Japan.
- Manage end-to-end projects from the design phase to making recommendations on Late-stage Private companies and Public companies
- Conduct research on Japanese companies and liaise closely with them
- Conduct consumer surveys, expert interviews, price tracking, and product comparisons
- Compile and analyse data sets
- Bachelor's Degree (Master's Degree preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience in market/business research or management consulting, preferably in a research capacity
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
- Fluency in Japanese (both verbal and written)
- Proficiency in English (both verbal and written)
If you are interested, apply online today. We regret to inform that only suitable candidates will be contacted for further discussion.
Selby Jennings is a Trading Style of Phaidon International (License number R22110941).