Role: Marine Fuel Trader.
Job Type: Permanent.
Location: Rotterdam, Holland.
A globally integrated oil company are looking to hire an experienced marine fuel trader in Rotterdam, Holland. They are looking for a highly driven individual to join an established global trading team handling physical and speculative trading.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity for someone looking to build up their experience in trading and gain further exposure to the market. If you are looking for a company that will let you work autonomously whilst supporting your growth and development this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Responsibilities for the role:
- Using their successful physical trading book including asset-backed and speculative physical cargoes, and hedging & speculative derivatives trading.
- Work closely with external counter-parties and colleagues to handle export/import data.
- Trade across EMEA markets and exploit global arbitrage opportunities by linking in with global trading teams.
- Provide support to business development/origination teams.
Skills / Attributes required for the role:
- Ideally 4+ years experience in trading physical marine oil and prior additional experience in operations/risk management/analysis.
- Have had proven experience trading physical cargoes, including knowledge of regional dynamics.
- Have knowledge and experience in shipping/operations and chartering.
- Have a strong numerical and economic background.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Be willing to be based in Rotterdam with global travel required.