Our client is a Global leading High-Frequency Proprietary Trading Firm that holds technology at forefront of what they do. They are renowned for creating their own trading platform utilising clean code and high end cutting edge technology that is in sync with their high performing low latency trading systems and applications. With over 1000 employees across 7 locations they continue to grow due to their success through providing liquidity to FS utilising their own capital, and following their record-breaking back-to-back years they now have an AUM of €22.5 billion.
As Engineering is the nucleus of their trading strategy it is imperative for the firm to continuously upgrade their infrastructure department. They are currently on the search for a SRE to join their Linux team to help create and implement new tools to ensure the platform is running at its highest capacity.
The Linux SRE will be expected to deploy, maintain, monitor majority of the operations and work with Unix servers. In this environment the Linux SRE will have the opportunity to collaborate with other functions in the business and work directly with traders, software engineers, Quant Developers, and etc. In their environment they thrive upon engineers having some form autonomy to implement their own ideas to grow as individuals as this is the philosophy foundations the firm was built on.
- Tackle the life cycle of a server and build and deploy new solutions
- Optimize the life cycle of the platform and create and deploy new solutions
- Enhance, maintain and deliver changes to the UNIX servers
- High production delivery for monitoring the management of the systems
- Swiftly react and resolve technical problems instantly that may occur via the platform
- Take full ownership for leading the charge for an automatised environment
- Be the bridge between hardware and software
- Continuously provide and implement new ideas and technologies to maintain a high performing environment
- Linux/SRE Background with the mindset to work with the correct tools to ensure there is continuous improvement.
- Have an infrastructure as code mindset
- Happy to programme/code when required
- Cloud Platform experience with AWS or Azure
- Great experience scripting hands on with Python or Powershell
- Naturally proactive leading the charge on resolving last minute issues
- Excellent communication and the ability to articulate technical solutions at in depth at a high level
- Good knowledge of virtualization and networking
- Good team player and proven experience with collaborating with other departments across the business in previous roles
- The ability to multitask and handle priorities in collaboration with other teams
- Unique collaborative environment with the opportunity to work with different departments such as Trading, Quant Development and Software Engineering.
- Continuous progression from the first day you start
- Very competitive compensation package with an annual bonus from their share scheme
- First class commuting expenses are fully covered
- Pension and health insurance
- Onsite kitchen with free Breakfast, Lunch and coffee
- Relocation support provided