A growing regional commercial bank is looking for a Legal Counsel/Senior Legal Counsel to join their team in Singapore. The individual will be responsible for maintaining legal oversight of the Branch through the management of various governance and control processes.
- Provision of general/transaction legal advice on matters including but not limited to - general banking, investment products, financing, derivatives, debt capital market, administrative, corporate and governance matters
- Coordinate legal dispute negotiation and settlement
- Review and negotiate legal agreements/documents for transactions and general banking products, services, and operations including but not limited to facility letters, security documents, bank guarantees, service agreements, commodity finance related agreements, etc.
- Review, maintain, and manage documentation templates
- Provide legal review and sign-off on internal policies and procedures
- Design, develop and approve documentation for new products and coordinate with compliance in relation to approval process and product roll-out
- Conduct ad-hoc education seminars to employees on legal and ethical issues relating to respective business units
- Assist Head Office Legal Departments to manage ad-hoc projects and transactions in the region
- Law degree holder
- Admitted as Advocate & Solicitor in Singapore
- 5+ years PQE in banking
- Knowledgeable in legal and regulatory requirements on commercial banking operations, procedures, products and services.
- Strong organisational skills and able to work both independently and as a team
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Mandarin-Chinese