A Global Market Making trading firm in the heart of Amsterdam are looking to add a talented Java Software Engineer to join their team. The candidate who joins this globally-operated firm will attribute their technical skill-set towards various trading platforms of which the firm buy and sell securities worldwide. The firm boasts a fast-paced environment, employee-based culture and a strategic day-to-day mindset - to ensure that they remain highly-competitive within the markets that they trade in.
Key Objectives for Java Software Engineer:
- Work on Greenfield projects under minimal supervision, whilst taking full ownership upon the applicants in which he/she builds
- Willingness to deal with uncertainty and uneasiness within an ever-changing environment
- Build out proprietary trading software and platforms on the most up-to-date cutting edge technology
Key skills required for Java Software Engineer:
- Bachelor's, Master's or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline
- Strong Java 8+ skills, preferably also experienced in Java 13 as well as other Java related frameworks
- API development, algorithms and data modelling proficiency
- Substantial Linux systems experience
- Knowledge of concepts such as: Dependency Injection, message-based systems and micro-services, and
- Libraries: Dagger, Kafka and (swing or web), would be considered a bonus
If this role sounds of interest to you then please send your most-updated CV.