We are working alongside our client, a leading international insurance and reinsurance group, on their search for an IT Audit Specialist to join their team in Amsterdam. They are looking for someone with specialist knowledge in IT audit processes and financial services regulations to join their dynamic team at a senior level.
The IT Audit Specialist will:
- Lead a series of project-based IT audits and take responsibility for the planning and implementation of IT audits, including delegating tasks among team members
- Determine how to correct weaknesses in relevant processes and suggest solutions to improve these
- Develop and implement IT testing on the customers' core areas, identifying weaknesses and ways to overcome them
- Work on the implementation of data analyses in the context of auditing annual accounts
- Support and advise other departments on issues relating to IT audit
- Also have the opportunity to engage with key stakeholders on related issues
- Possess a bachelor's or master's degree in a relevant field, i.e. computer science, business information systems etc.
- Already have an in-depth understanding of regulatory requirements for IT processes in the financial sector or in the auditing industry
- Have had at least 4-5 years of relevant professional experience in auditing, including practical experience with IT risk- and process-based audits, ideally in a financial services institution or consulting environment
- Be team-oriented and proactive in engaging with clients
- Preferably have certifications such as the CISA and CISM
- Possess fluent verbal and written skills in Dutch and ideally English
As IT Audit Specialist, you can expect:
- Career progression and the chance to grow within the team
- Personal development supported by targeted training and workshops
- Support in achieving key qualifications, such as the CISA
- An attractive compensation scheme and variable bonus structure
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and remote working
Our client is one of the largest life insurers in the Netherlands who have a modern approach to remote working and encourage proactivity from team members in suggesting new ideas and improvements to existing systems/processes.
To apply for the IT Audit Specialist role, please contact Tom Flint, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Selby Jennings, with your CV at
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!