A large insurance company ($50B) in New York is looking to bring on an Analyst for their Investment team. The Analyst will be tasked with assisting senior investment professionals with private debt and equity investments.
- Assists in due diligence of direct debt and equity transactions, including modeling and preparing investment committee materials and presentation.
- Perform market and sector research and analysis, to identify macro and portfolio trends, which helps inform strategic investment goals and portfolio construction.
- Monitor and provide surveillance of existing investments within the portfolio.
- Prepare marketing materials
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors' degree in Finance, Economics or related field of study; plus three (3) years of transaction advisory/investment banking/corporate finance/M&A/private equity experience; or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Strong understanding of the infrastructure market and various sectors
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Experience in Project or Corporate Finance
- Experience in the insurance industry a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS:
- MBA, CAIA or CFA preferred
- Series 7 and 79 licenses a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent quantitative and modeling skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an effective team player.
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to work independently, complete multiple concurrent responsibilities, proactively communicate, take initiative, effectively prioritize and meet specific deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to take ownership with a desire for continual learning.
- Proven ability to work independently, but also collaborate as part of a small team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (with an emphasis on Excel).
- Proficient in Bloomberg, CapIQ, and other software used for investment analysis, portfolio management, and reporting.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity with the ability to comprehend and apply investment related principles of advanced mathematical concepts and theory, statistics, accounting, economics, and other practical solutions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from coworkers, peers, senior management, and/or outside management.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations.