We are working alongside our client, an major international auto-banking group, on their search for an Internal Audit Specialist (m/w/d) to join their team in Cologne. They are looking for someone with specialist knowledge in audit processes and banking regulations to join their dynamic team at a senior level.
The Business Auditor will:
- Plan and implement special audits with a focus on risk management (e.g. risk controlling, risk-bearing capacity) including banking supervisory and regulatory requirements (e.g. CRR, CRD, MaRisk, Accounting Standards incl. IFRS)
- Conduct risk-oriented audit procedures with the objective of implementing effective and efficient controls including identifying and describing process deviations and control deficiencies as well as recommending corrective measures in the audit report
- Present the findings from the own audit areas during the final meeting with the audited department
- Monitor the implementation of the corrective measures by the audited departments as well as preparing the relevant information for the quarterly reporting to the regional management as well as the group audit
- Develop new or further developing existing audit programmes on the basis of the audit report and the audit results
- Develop new or enhance existing audit programmes based on new or changed guidelines or legal requirements
- Evaluate business processes and concepts (including new products) with a view to establishing effective and efficient controls
- Have a successfully completed degree in economics or mathematics/statistics or training in the banking environment (risk management)
- Already have several years of professional experience in internal auditing or risk management
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of supervisory law, company law and other legal requirements (MaRisk, CRR, IRBA topics) mandatory
- Be able to work fluently in both German and English
- Work in a goal-oriented and independent way
- Think analytically and communicate effectively
- Have the ability to work in a team and a willingness to learn
- Be flexible and reliable
Our client is a European bank of one of the world's largest car manufacturers who have been successful in the German market for more than three decades.
To apply for the Internal Audit Specialist role, please contact Tom Flint, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Selby Jennings, with your CV on LinkedIn or Xing.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!