A leading British corporate and investment banking group is offering an exciting opportunity to join them as a Senior Internal Auditor (m/w/d) within their German headquarters in Frankfurt. You will be working closely alongside a highly-qualified team of professionals and subject matter experts on a variety of projects, focusing primarily on the full lifecycle of risk-based audits across the business.
The Senior Internal Auditor will:
* Participate in risk-oriented planning and implementation of process-oriented audits across all areas of the business
* Carry out independent audits, identifying relevant controls and risks as well as documenting audit procedures in line with the Group Internal Audit standards
* Independently prepare Audit reports in English and monitor measures that are due to be carried out
* Analyse and evaluate all business processes
* Identify potential improvements and risks to the reporting process
* Participate in diverse teams relating to specific projects
* Support Group Audit in audit engagements relating to subsidiaries of the bank both in Germany and abroad
* Advise specialist departments on control issues and business management problems
You should have:
* A degree or comparable qualification in business administration, IT or bank-related topic area
* Professional experience in the Internal Audit department of a bank, financial services provider or auditing firm
* In-depth knowledge of finance and accounting, risk management and the legal and regulatory foundations of banking
* A high affinity with IT topics and a willingness to familiarise yourself comprehensively with IT topics in the context of certain audits
* A strong analytical mind and the ability to formulate complex issues in a comprehensible way
* A sense of responsibility as well as initiative, resilience and diligence
* A confident and committed demeanour and strong teamwork ethic
* Fluency in German and English, other European languages are also an advantage
Ideally also possess the CIA, CISA, CFE or similar certifications
Our client is the German entity of a successful international banking group and one of the most attractive employers with Financial Services in Hessen, with a key focus on driving digital transformation forward at all levels.
To apply for the Senior Internal Auditor role, please contact Tom Flint, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Selby Jennings, directly.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!