A global leader in proprietary trading is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to come join their team in Chicago, IL. As an Infrastructure Engineer, you'll be providing hands-on support for electronic trading systems and responsible for supporting the applications, networks, and systems. You will ultimately be the "go-to" person for all things infrastructure!
Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for:
- Handling the day-to-day support requests and prioritizing given tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ensuring trading systems are functioning at the highest availability and fix issues that arise.
- Having a hands-on approach in problem-solving and proactively create solutions.
- Ability to liaise with business as well as technical personnel working through projects and issues.
- Information Technology (Associates) degree or equivalent job experience.
- Previous experience in the financial industry.
- Experience At least 3 years' experience in environments with PC/Server and Application Support.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Linux.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Experience working in a Virtualized environment and with cloud services.
- Strong PC/Server hardware troubleshooting skills.
- Scripting Languages preferable (python/perl).
- Ability to demonstrate processes, tasks to end-users.
- Must work well in a high-pressure environment and keep cool under stress.