An industry-leading American Investment Bank is currently undergoing a transformation within their Risk and Control group, and is looking for a senior leader to lead their first line of defense Market Risk and Controls function.
This position will sit in the first line of defense, and you will lead a team accountable for managing risk identification and assessments, designing central risk monitoring capabilities, implementing FRTB controls, and overseeing governance framework development. This position will require you to manage a global team of market risk professionals and will involve cross functional collaboration with traders, quants, technology groups, etc. Additionally, this individual will be expected to handle regulator interaction, and will be a contributing member in a number of internal committees.
- Design a strategic risk and control framework through analysis of current state
- Implement and managing the first line of defense market risk control framework, with the goal of delivering enhanced reporting, escalation and governance
- Implement a risk factor sensitivities taxonomy
- Enhance the bank's intraday market risk limit management capabilities
- Manage large, complex, and illiquid trade approval workflow and oversight
- Develop a global team to carry out large scale projects
- Partner with the second line of defense to support market risk violation assessments
- Manage regulator interaction
- Be a contributing member on various committees, and build transparent relationships with key stakeholders across the business
- 10+ years of experience in Market Risk, or a first line function covering capital markets
- Strong leadership skills
- Solid knowledge of market, model, and valuations risk
- The ability to drive change in a global organization