Description of the role
As head of the team, you will:
- Manage a team of up to 8 people. You will need to act as a coach, an inspirer and a challenger. You will also organize the team and define the objectives in order to ensure the delivery of the different projects.
- Take the final responsibility on the deliverables of your team
- Manage a wide range of projects related to the financial market risks and influence the Market Risk frameworks and methodology developments
- Elaborate and put in place the market risk strategy to ensure regulatory compliance (governance, choice between capital consumption methodologies,…)
- Communicate complex methodologies and approaches with senior management and other stakeholders
- Defend the bank's position related to market risks towards the external auditor and/or the supervisory teams
- Ensure coherence and integrity when establishing frameworks, methodologies, and processes. Ensure those are defined in line with the Risk Appetite Framework of the Bank.
- Follow-up on regulatory developments in order to ensure on-time regulatory compliance as well as on best market practices in order to improve methods and organization
- Take an active role in different committees related to the Market Risk activity and take part in the approval of new products and/or limits.
Requirements linked to the role
- Ambitions and challenges described above interest and motivate you
- Master's in Engineering/Finance/Business or equivalent
- 5 to 10 years of work experience in a Trading environment and having experience with Risk functions positions
- Proven experience in leading projects and managing people
- Experience in designing and implementing new organizations, processes, and systems
- Excellent knowledge of financial markets, risk management techniques, and regulatory requirements with a strong focus on derivatives activity
- Strong quantitative skills, including good knowledge of derivatives pricing and underlying hypothesis
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Aptitude to decision-making and problems solving with a strong sense of initiative
- Fluent in English and complete understanding of French and Flemish