Title: Head of Legal - Senior Legal Advisor
My client is looking to build up a Legal Department in Amsterdam and is looking for an experienced Dutch Legal Counsel who is looking for a new challenge in the financial services space. If you looking for a role in a young & dynamic environment, new challenges to build-up your own team, this is a great opportunity for you.
As a Head of Legal, you will:
- Supervise and provide legal advice on company level in relations to banking regulations, investment management, securities law etc.
- Be responsible for examining the legal environment and assess the effects of charges on the company, identify the associated risks and act on them - retail banking or consumer law issues at national and European level
- Be the contact person for regulatory, capital market issues relating to AIFM, MIFID II, securities and supervisory legislation
- Find solutions for complex tasks and processes, provide pragmatic recommendations on highest level of legal issues
- Coordinate the assistance of external legal counsel, for the Dutch and foreign markets
As a Head of Legal you should have:
- 5+ years of experience as a (Senior) Legal Counsel in financial services sector and/or as a (Senior) Associate Lawyer in an international law firm
- Familiar with Dutch Financial Regulations, Investment Management law and Supervisory Legislations - i.e. MIFID II, AIFM, UCITS etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Law or equivalent
- Full working proficiency in Dutch & English
- Enjoy working in an agile environment - flexible, communicative, proactive and self-driven
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work with and alongside global, senior management and third parties