Job: Head of IT/Technology
Work Model + Loco: 3-4x a week in office, Tampa/Miami
Summary: A successful hedge fund focused on global and macro digital assets, founded in the early 2000s is seeking a Head of IT to join their team and help with the build our and expansion of their US offices. This person is expected to have similar role and should be excited to work in a fast paced, high caliber environment.
- At least 10 Years of experience in a senior IT management role
- Significant Experience in financial services project delivery & facing off to Front Office / Trading teams
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Analytically minded
- Knowledge of relevant applications, big data solutions and tools
- Experience in financial industry in particular Asset Management
- Experience in facing off to Middle/Back Office (e.g., Finance, Risk, Ops, Compliance
- Reporting directly to the group CTO the Head of IT for the US is a senior IT executive who bears responsibility for all aspects of the Enterprise US IT function.
- As part of an integrated global IT function this will involve building out several teams in New York, Austin & other smaller offices as they are opened. Anticipated 20-30 FTEs over the next 12 months.
- Initial focus is likely to be around the office expansion, moving on to the growth of multiple new business lines across a wide range of strategies. They will be expected to be a service provider to and collaborate with the Firm's Systematic & Digital tech teams.
- They will be the escalation point person for all US related matters and will be responsible to work with senior business management to ensure appropriate prioritization.
- They need to be experienced in Matrix management and global organizations and be able to balance the global and regional demands.
- Experience in Financial services and particularly Asset Management environments is expected, and the ability to deal directly with Portfolio Managers & understand their business requirements is also required, as is an understanding of both local and relevant global regulations that impact IT.
- We will also be looking for the individual to be a key contributor to the global technology strategy and thus will be expecting a strong technology background