Salary: £400,000 total comp.
Years Experience: c.7+ (or relevant)
If you had the chance to join a prestigious hedge fund event-driven portfolio manager, play a leading role in the growth of the fund, and own a cut of the business, would you consider it?
An incredible opportunity has arisen with a new hedge fund, spun out from a blue-chip name, who are hiring a Head of Business Development and Investor Relations, to manage the existing investor base and raise assets from a global network of clients.
The portfolio manager is extremely well regarded in the market, and in the three years since launching the fund, has taken assets from $5m to $100m. The fund is at an incredibly exciting point in their growth trajectory where they are looking to make this hire to propel the business forward.
- To lead the business development, sales, marketing, and investor relations for the hedge fund.
- To liaise with the existing investor base, provide regular updates and ensure they are well-informed on the hedge fund's performance.
- To build out a network of suitable prospective event-driven investors on a global level.
- To work closely with the portfolio manager to ensure the hedge fund's products are positioned in the most attractive manner.
- To attend regular meetings with a variety of investors and act as an extension of the portfolio manager.
- To ultimately raise assets and play a leading role in the hedge fund's growth.
- C.7+ years of experience (or relevant) in raising assets for hedge fund strategies.
- Experience working in a highly entrepreneurial hedge fund environment.
- A leading global investor-base of clients that have the capacity to invest in a high-performing event-driven hedge fund.
- A network of family offices and financial institutions that can be utilised.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A technical understanding of event-driven hedge fund strategies.
- A highly entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Market-leading comp structure, including a high revenue share of fees for assets raised.
- Equity in the business on offer for the right candidate.
- The chance to work with a prestigious portfolio manager.
- A large pipeline of prospective investors and managed accounts to take over.
- The chance to work with a hedge fund generating serious interest across the market.
If this opportunity to become part of a prestigious investment team, play a leading role in the growth of this hedge fund, have a market-leading compensation structure, and own shares / equity in the business is of interest. Please apply directly on this site.