We are working alongside our client, a leading German Fintech, in their search for a Head of Accounting (Securities Trading) to join their headquarters in Berlin. The role involves working closely alongside the CFO in setting up and maintaining the highly automated accounting system for our securities trading. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career in a dynamic environment with a fast-growing and industry-leading employer.
The Head of Accounting (Securities Trading) will:
- Take responsibility for the comparison of the sub ledger (securities trading) with the general ledger of the company
- Also ensure the maintenance and balancing of customer accounts, whereby transactions have to be checked, assigned, reconciled and discrepancies have to be resolved
- Work with the operations team on automation and process improvement projects
- Provide internal accounting and finance support as required
- Act as the primary contact for external stakeholders such as banks, payment service providers, auditors and tax advisors
- Organize daily monitoring and 3rd level customer support
- Establish and manage the accounting team
- Possess several years of professional experience in the field of financial services, accounting, taxes, ideally at a securities trading bank
- Have excellent attention to detail and accuracy, outstanding analytical skills and a structured way of working
- Be able to navigate a fast-paced remote environment
- Have a passion for the future of FinTechs and enthusiasm to drive disruptive change first hand and independently
- Speak fluent written and spoken German as well as English
- Also ideally have previous experience in leading a team
Our client is a growing and dynamic German Fintech who enjoy a strong reputation in the market and have recently gained several significant rounds of funding internationally.
To apply for the Head of Accounting (Securities Trading) role, please contact Tom Flint, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Selby Jennings, with your CV at
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!