A leading independent boutique asset manager firm right in the heart of London are hiring a graduate to join their business development team to support their exciting growth plans.
The high-performing firm, which provides both investment management and advisory services to its network of global clients, has been excelling for over 15 years and has offices in four countries. Plans to expand it's global outreach further will also give additional opportunities for international employment for all staff.
The role is a graduate-level position and the candidate will work on a diverse range of responsibilities within the firm's business development team.
The role is ideal for a candidate who is graduating in 2020 and has aspirations for a career in business development in the asset management space and has high-quality internship experience.
- Gaining exposure to the sales and business development process.
- Learning how to interact with both prospective and existing clients.
- Creating, updating and proof-reading marketing materials, e.g. presentations, commentaries
- Preparing investor Due Diligence Questionnaires.
- Performing performance analysis and investment fund comparisons.
- Answering ad hoc client queries.
- Preparing monthly standard reports for clients.
- Liaising with service providers (Custodians, Administrators, etc.) to assist client investments.
- Ensuring the firms document database and CRM system is up to date and organised.
- Setting up and preparing materials for client calls.
- Ad hoc support to the firm's Partners, Sales Staff and Investment Team.
- The successful candidate will have good knowledge and an interest in the financial markets.
- Highly motivated, organised and detail orientated.
- Strong qualitative skills and an aptitude for numbers with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work efficiently independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated business acumen with highly developed communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to working in a small firm with a fast-paced team environment.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum BA/BSc degree from a reputable university.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Tools (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Internship experience at a good asset manager required.
If this role is of interest, please apply directly and if your profile is deemed relvant a member of Selby Jennings's investment management team will get in touch.