A $30 billion AUM Multi Strat Hedge Fund is hiring a Risk Manager to sit in the business and cover Equity Strategies and Derivatives Trading.
This individual will sit within a pod of 20-30 traders in the front office and take a very hands on approach to risk management at the desk level.
The firm has a central risk team, but this is a unique hire as it will be dedicated to this pod of equities traders. The firm runs long/short, long only, convertible/volatility arbitrage, systematic equity, and other quantitative strategies.
- Approve trades and provide effective challenge to the business
- Enhance trading strategies from a risk-aware perspective and maximize risk adjusted returns
- Modify portfolio construction and explain equity risk factor models and risk metrics to trading teams
- 6+ years of risk management experience
- Expert knowledge of equity derivatives
- Strong quantitative and technical literacy
- Python, SQL, R, Excel/VBA