AFront-EndDeveloper is responsible for building the front end of websites and web applications so that users can see and interact with them directly.
It is essential that front-end developers remain in tune with the latest technological developments in the ever-evolving digital world as they will be expected to use the most up-to-date tools and techniques.
What are the responsibilities of a Senior Front-End Developer?
There are plenty of job opportunities within this field and if you’re on the hunt for a Front-End Developer role, it’s important to understand the responsibilities involved:
- Marking up languages such as HTML
- Optimizing the speed of applications
- Maintaining and improving websites
- Assisting back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Maintaining brand consistency
- Staying up to date with emerging technologies
- Creating user-friendly web pages
- Writing functional requirement documents and guides
- Creating high-quality mockups and prototypes in line with bespoke briefs
- Managing projects and team members.
What skills are required to secure a Senior Front-End role?
It is considered favorable to possess the following skills when applying for any SeniorFront-E
- Strong leadership abilities
- Proven work experience as aFront-EndDeveloper
- The ability to browse and debug
- Hands-on experience with markup languages
- An in-depth understanding of the entire web development process
- Sound knowledge and understanding of SEO principles
- Familiarity with software such as Adobe Suite and content management systems
- Excellent analytical and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication skills.
Alongside proven experience in entry-level roles, a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar field of work will instantly improve your chances of securing a Senior Front-End Developer role.
Of course, if you don’t have a relevant degree, you can still apply for a Front-End Developer role, provided you have the necessary skills and experience outlined in the job description.
What is the average salary for a Senior Front-End Developer role?
The average salary for aFront-EndDeveloper in the US is $120,000
Get in touch today to submit your resume
Our global team has extensive knowledge of this sector, with an unrivaled portfolio of clients, both large and small.
Submit your resume to become part of our ever-growing database and be first to find out about ourFront-EndDeveloper opportunities.