We are working alongside our client, a leading international financial services provider, on their search for a Financial Controller to join their team in Munich. The role would involve working in an industry-leading and international team within the finance department focusing on financial statements in line with German reporting standards.
The Financial Controller will:
- Guarantee compliance with internal policies in line with reporting standards as well as accounting directives
- Ensure that an appropriate control environment is maintained
- Improve controls in place and liaise with supporting service centres in order to streamline the reporting process
- Support calculating of IFRS9 provisions as well as regulatory and statistical reporting
- Work closely with all departments in obtaining detailed knowledge of all aspects of business essential for reporting, forecasting and budgeting
- Support both internal and external audit reviews
- Possess a bachelor's or master's degree in a relevant field, i.e. business administration, finance, economics etc.
- Already have an in-depth understanding of international and local accounting principles, predominantly HGB and IFRS
- Have had at least 3-5 years of relevant experience within a financial services institution, including practical experience with finance processes
- Also possess experience in a global company working with off-shore teams
- Possess fluent verbal and written skills in English and German
Our client is an international Financial Services provider with a direct focus on automotive leasing activities throughout the German market and across different European hubs.
To apply for the Financial Controller role, please contact Tom Flint, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Selby Jennings, with your CV on Xing or LinkedIn.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!