A Top American Investment Bank is hiring an Executive Directer to help lead their hands-on mortgage model development team which will sit in the Wealth Management Strats and Modeling Team in the Front Office.
This hire will not only lead the team as a senior member but also be hands-on building mortgage models from scratch. There will be a large focus on developing and building conforming and non-conforming mortgage prepayment and default models, covering financial products such as bank deposits, mortgage lending, retail and margin lending, and investments.
This candidate will also be developing analytics and working with large database platforms, so an understanding of how data is incorporated into the model development process is necessary.
- Development of risk management models for conforming and non-conforming mortgage prepayment and default models.
- Develop and apply analytics using mathematical and quantitative techniques and approaches
- Work closely with portfolio managers to analyze and manage risk of positions for the bank's balance sheet and future growth
- Working with large database platforms
- Prior experience with building mortgage prepayment and default models
- Strong technical and quantitative skillset (ex: Python, PySpark, modern software tools, large database platforms)
- Solid understanding of how data is incorporated into the model development process
- Leadership exposure and the ability to lead a team