A top American Investment Bank in the NYC area is looking to hire an Executive Director of E-Trading Risk Management to their Equity Sales and Trading business line. This is a business unit team, which views risk from a market and operational risk perspective, and is accountable for the risk management, product management, and strategic initiatives related to electronic, systematic, and algo trading of cash equities and listed derivatives across all markets in the Americas.
This position will report directly to the Americas Head of Market Risk and will manage cross-functional stakeholder engagement with Product Management, Traders, Client Coverage, Legal, Technology, Operations, Desk Strats, Quant Research, and External Regulators. This individual will operate as the second most senior in the group and will be managing a team on the org. chart.
- Design and implement innovative electronic trading control solutions
- Provide e-trading risk subject matter expertise for: electronic trading product risk, algo development risk, new electronic trading product development and strategy for new sources of liquidity
- Lead risk transformation projects relating to technology innovation/change initiatives
- Provide analysis and drive strategy for electronic trading regulatory inquiries
- Own the teams risk system which provides pre-trade controls, monitoring tools, etc
- Manage a team of risk analysts accountable for providing analysis, controls implementation and controls testing
- 10+ years of experience in risk management at a financial institution or trading firm
- At least 2+ years of experience working with e-trading platforms
- Excellent communications skills and ability to manage relationships with senior-stakeholders
- Experience working with domestic equities