A Fortune-500 asset-based trading power company in the Houston area is looking to grow out their US footprint. The firm is hiring for a risk analyst to work within their power and renewable's team in the commercial business.
The risk analyst will be accountable for using the firm's ETRM system (Allegro), applying financial modeling for power and renewable projects, and performing sensitivity and scenario analysis on current transactions.
The firm is looking for someone with experience in an energy risk team, and someone with deep knowledge of the energy markets.
- Apply financial modeling and risk techniques to model risks and opportunities associated with power and renewable projects.
- Work on complex risk measurements for existing and new projects.
- Perform sensitivity and scenario analysis on potential and current transactions
- Experience in an energy risk team
- Familiarity with ETRM system Allegro
- Knowledge of financial markets, pricing models, credit risk, and market risk.
- Knowledge of energy markets
- Strong analytical and communication skills