We are currently representing an Emerging and Frontier Markets Public Equity Manager. They invests in quality businesses with strong fundamentals and employs a buy and hold investment philosophy for their concentrated portfolio of small and mid-cap companies.
The successful candidate will work closely with the portfolio manager out of the Munich office.
- Idea generation and evaluating investment opportunities across China & Korea.
- Conducting fundamental industry and company-specific equity research through rigorous analysis and financial modelling.
- Primary research as part of a 360-degree due-diligence process.
- Assisting in the formulation of active ownership plans to help our investments unlock their value potential.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree - all disciplines are welcomed.
- 5+ years of experience in ideally public equity investing.
- Outstanding analytical skills and an ability to assimilate and synthesise data sets.
- A contrarian mindset supported by rigorous and logical analysis.
- An ability to work productively and collaboratively in a very small team.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Suite (particularly Excel and PowerPoint) and knowledge of financial modelling.
- Interest in ESG and emerging and frontier markets.
- Chinese / Korean language skills are advantageous but not a necessity.
- It is helpful to have a strong interest in the technology, healthcare, and consumer sectors.