A greenfield Multi-Strategy Hedge Fund is looking to hire a Risk Analyst to cover their event-driven and fundamental investment strategies. The fund was spun off by a leading asset manager roughly four years ago and is undergoing significant growth due to performance and fund raising efforts. The fund has increased their total assets under management by nearly 300% since launch and currently manage roughly $3.5B-$4B in total assets.
This individual will report directly to the Head of Risk and will play a key role in continuing to build and enhance the fund's investment risk framework. The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of experience, strong technical skills, ability to communicate and build relationships with investment teams, and long term goals.
- Design analytics and deliver analysis to drive engagement with the investment teams and provide insight into the investment process
- Provide quantitative risk, performance, and analytical support for the investment teams
- Participate in research efforts to identify opportunities for enhancing risk management and investment behavior
- Continually manage and enhance the fund's risk framework and risk limits
- Manage and enhance the firm's equity risk factor models (Barra)
- Product risk analytics - VaR, scenario analysis, etc.
- Identify, evaluate and report on current risks across all investment strategies and portfolios
- 2+ years of experience in risk or quantitative analytics
- Strong knowledge of equities
- Coding experience in Python and SQL
- Strong communication skills