Manage the transportation, contract fulfillment, and inventories of ethanol and blended products throughout the supply chain. Optimize turnaround on reconciling freight/transportation invoices, schedule carriers for product movements, provide customer support, and resolve any logistical requirements for product and cost savings efficiencies to further maximize profitability. Analyze logistics data and leverage market awareness to forecast inventory levels, product supply, and rail asset utilization. Coordinate with internal team, carriers and terminal operators to ensure efficient execution of strategic marketing plans.
- Coordinate shipping activities and railcar requirements between marketing, plants and customers
- Develop and manage relationships with transportation providers, customers and plant partners
- Communicate clearly with traders, plants, terminals and logistics operators to develop a schedule
- Ensure optimal delivery and on time performance. Interacts with railroad companies support teams on service issues and resolutions, trip plans, and diversions
- Forecast, manage and optimize inventory levels with consideration of trade strategy, customer demand, transit times and asset/lease utilization
- Identify and address transport delays and bottlenecks
- Manage inventories, contract balances, freight costs, and order planning in primary ERP system
- Utilize online tools to issue rail movement instructions including OTMA and OT-5 requests
- Ensure freight costs, product movements, planned shipments, and inventory balances are reflected accurately in internal systems and reporting
- Optimize the railcar fleet based on demand, future supply plans, and railroad operating conditions
- Ensure compliance with Federal Railroad Association (FRA) and Transport Canada Regulations.
- Coordinate the maintenance of railcars - both repairs and regulatory compliance testing.
- Bachelor's degree in ag business, economics, logistics, management or related fields
- 2+ years of commodity merchandising and logistics experience
- Self-starter with high motivation and intellectual curiosity with a bias to logical problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ethanol supply chain dynamics including market accessibility and product origination
Understand regulatory compliance considerations and safety guidelines for HAZMAT transportation