Our client is a global investment bank with an integrated network spanning over 30 countries and regions. By connecting markets East & West, they service the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking), and Investment Management.
E-Trading Strategy FX sits within the Global Markets division. FX is a strategic franchise for the bank whose direction is driven from Singapore with the team focusing on all quant and tech elements of the Electronic FX flows within the bank. This ranges from market making (the models, the curve and subsequent price distribution), our aggregator and the algos within it and other such projects such as our web-enabled Single Dealer Platform. In short - if it's electronically handled within the bank, it flows through one of the systems the team owns.
This is a very exciting opportunity to be a key part of this growing team who are focused on building out the FX franchise. They are in the midst of a number of transformational deliveries with targeted franchise growth. You will be working with the wider development team in Singapore and London to build out a number of innovative solutions for our clients - all of which need to operate in an ultra-low latency environment to be competitive. Our focus is to build high-quality engineered platforms that can handle all aspects of our business - both today and tomorrow as we grow our 24 hours a day, 5 and half days a week FX business.
- Quantitative development and engineering of all aspects of FX market making and FX algorithmic trading
- Manage and work on projects related to FX products
- To liaise and work closely with the Macro Trading and Sales teams
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Minimum a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Systems Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited education institution.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in high performance, advanced Java with knowledge of core data structure design
- Have experience in Financial Markets with pricing or market making
- Innovative, self-motivated, a team player, able to work independently and under pressure and meet deadlines
The bank is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.
We have a current opportunity for a eFX Quant Dev on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Singapore. For further information about this position please apply.