Distributed Systems Engineer | Multi-Billion Hedge Fund
New York City, NY
Compensation range: $300,000-400,000+ total & benefits
One of our trusted partners, an elite multi-billion dollar hedge fund who has seen incredible growth over the last few quarters, is seeking a highly skilled senior software engineer who can drive the build out of a next generation cloud distributed computing platform. This is an opportunity to work at a tech-driven hedge fund and be part of a high-impact, large-scale project building critical systems that are utilized by all divisions of the firm globally.
The successful candidate will need to have very strong object-oriented programming skills and experience designing and implementing large distributed computing systems. Experience working with service-based architecture and streaming technologies is also crucial for the role. Given the flat structure and cross-functional nature of the team, the right candidate will be a self-starter who can use his/her technical expertise to solve complex business problems and communicate effectively with different business users.
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or a related field from a top university preferred
- Minimum 3+ years previous work experience in a software development position
- Proficiency in Object Oriented Programming (Python/C++ preferred)
- Experience in leading distributed computing and cloud technologies (Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, distributed caches, AWS…)
- Strong troubleshooting ability and excellent attention to detail
- Motivated self learner with the desire to succeed within a growing team
If interested, please apply with a copy of your resume and we will be in touch soon!