- The role requires the analyst to work with the senior team to shepherd investment ideas from inception to completion, including post-investment monitoring.
- Responsibilities vary by project, but will range from screening and underwriting investment ideas (analysing, researching, modelling, and presenting) to monitoring such opportunities post-acquisition and helping to manage restructurings, enforcement's, insolvencies and bilateral workouts.
- The analyst will be expected to stay current on industry trends and maintain working models for selected companies/properties
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will have 1-4 years of hedge fund, private equity, investment banking, restructuring banking, and/or CMBS experience, preferably with a strong real estate background.
- The position requires the ability to handle complex investments, familiarity with real estate and finance fundamentals, an ability to efficiently prioritise tasks, as well as excellent modelling and communication skills.
- The candidate will have to be able to work alone and cover a lot of ground in research and review of investment ideas.