A top Japanese Bank is looking to hire a Director-level Market Risk Manager to cover their Capital Markets and Securities Brokerage departments. The Market Risk Management team oversees the various risks associated with different sectors such as market, liquidity, model, credit, foreign exchange, operational and legal. This role will sit on the trading floor in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment, and will report directly to the Deputy Head of Risk Management for the Americas.
This role's primary function will be to implement a Market Risk Governance framework across both Capital Markets and securities brokerage to ensure the firm's compliance with regulatory requirements. You will participate in various aspects of risk oversight and analysis for Capital Markets and securities brokerage and will be a senior point of contact for internal and external stakeholders.
The Market Risk Manager's responsibilities include:
- Assist the Group Head in managing the Market Risk Governance Framework for Capitals Markets and Securities Brokerage
- Take a lead role in project management as the framework is being developed and implemented
- Ensure that the framework satisfies internal and external regulatory requirements via internal reporting, setting risk policies, and complying with regulatory standards
- Design and develop necessary risk analysis tools or models to enable more efficient, in-depth analysis
- Collaborating with the model validation team to ensure models are developed within model governance framework and perform as designed
- Monitoring risk analytic reports and engaging with the Trading Desk to understand and document desk dynamic
The Market Risk Manager's should have:
- 10+ years of experience or equivalent working with risk management
- Experience working with derivatives and their key risks
- Familiarity with credit and rates trading
- Great documentation, presentation and communication skills