A top Asset Management firm who leads the industry in systematic investments is looking to hire an Executive Director to provide support and independent oversight of all strategies and risks taken by the firm's funds across all Risk Verticals (Market, Credit, Operational, Liquidity, Model & Investment Risk). This role will sit in New York, have a broad area of coverage across all risk stripes, and work cross-functionally with different business lines while reporting directly up to the IM CRO.
The main responsibility of this role will be to work across different strategies alongside the Head of the Investment Risk team, with the goal of assessing all risks posed by new products and strategies, and stress testing the funds under different market conditions and volatilities. In addition, this person will be tasked with relaying key risk and portfolio changes to senior management. It is a broad area of coverage, where this experienced hire will be expected to wear many different hats.
The firm is ideally looking for candidates with around ~10 years of industry experience in investment risk or portfolio management, preferably with solid knowledge of complex derivatives and systematic investing. Additionally, a strong quantitative skillset along with excellent soft skills is required, which is crucial for an experienced Quantitative Risk Manager.
- Risk oversight of all strategies and risk across all stripes (Market, Credit, Liquidity, Model, and Investment Risk)
- Assessing all risk that comes along with the onboarding of new products and strategies
- Stress testing funds under different market conditions and volatilities
- Working with the Investment Risk team on all key risk and portfolio changes
- 10+ years of experience in Investment Risk or Portfolio Management
- Strong knowledge of complex derivatives and systematic investing
- Quantitative skillset and the ability to use tools to analyze investment risk
- Excellent soft skills and communication skills