A top International Investment Bank in New York is looking to hire a Director-level candidate to lead their Market Risk Model Development team covering Securitized Products! This hire will lead a team of around 10 and serve as the SME in VaR modeling for securitized products for the team and function, while working directly with and reporting up to the Head of the Group.
The role will be responsible for not only leading the team from a managerial and leadership perspective, but being hands-on in developing new quantitative market risk models for securitized products. The candidate will also cover the end-to-end modeling process, and be responsible for the entire market risk methodology for securitized products. The area of coverage will span from both agency and non-agency products for VaR market risk model development. Additionally, this hire will work closely with the senior stakeholders and market risk managers to ensure all risk is reflected in the models.
The firm is looking for candidates with 7+ years of hands-on development experience of Securitized Products for Market Risk and VaR models, prior experience leading and managing a team, strong programming skills in Python, and excellent communication skills to effectively work with senior stakeholders and market risk managers.
- Developing and analyzing new market risk models for securitized products traded by the securitized products business line
- Review existing models to ensure they are adequately reflecting all risk
- Managing a team of 5-10
- Working with key stakeholders and market risk managers on all risk exposures from a model perspective
- 7+ years of model development experience across VaR modeling for securitized products
- Understanding of structured products and risk modeling
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior leadership experience in managing a team