Title: Director of Business Development
Salary: c.£150,000 p/a (plus bonus and benefits)
Job Type: Permanent
If you had the chance to join a well-established Private Equity firm with a market-leading track record consisting of investments into high growth, entrepreneurial businesses with ambitious management teams who are looking to take the next step of growth with the hire of their first business development professional, would you consider it?
A highly successful Private Equity firm is hiring a senior business development/investor relations professional to support their exciting growth trajectory. The firm has deployed billions of capital and has c.$2bn of active investment in AUM, is regularly praised for beating the biggest funds to secure leading and high return deals.
The firm has grown tremendously in its 10 years of operation and there is a huge excitement around the growth potential of this fund. The business is therefore looking to supplement its market-leading performance with the hire of a high-quality fundraiser to support the growth in assets. This is a leading role within the firm and the successful candidate will be involved in the key decisions across the whole business unit.
This position is to head up the business development, with an initial focus on institutional investors across UK and Europe, and a longer-term remit to grow the team and target global institutions.
- To lead the fundraising process; with a particular focus on institutions, such as pension funds, consultants, financial institutions and family offices.
- To help define and implement the global fundraising strategy alongside the partners;
- To build out a pipeline of prospective investors with the capacity to invest in Private Equity strategies
- To attend meetings with key prospective and existing investors, and to update them on the firm's performance and wider portfolio;
- To work alongside the founding partners to develop suitable marketing materials and presentations to share with clients
- To have extensive experience raising assets for Private Equity
- To have a deep investor-network of Private Equity investors across the UK and/or Europe.
- To have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- To have a desire to work for a market-leading growth-oriented private markets fund;
- To have a strong entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work independently and as part of a wider team;
- To have c.7+ years of experience of business development experience.
- Exposure to a high-quality investment team.
- Ability to play a key role in the growth of this high-quality firm's growth.
- Strong internal culture at a forward-thinking firm.
If you would like the chance to join a truly prestigious Private Equity firm, and take ownership for the fundraising and business development, then please apply directly on this site