One of the top American Investment Banks in the New York area is hiring for their esteemed Market Risk Model Development team at the Director level! The candidate will be focusing on a complex project relating to FRTB model development and have exposure across all market risk models. The role will report directly up to the Head of the Group and be given senior-level responsibility.
The role will be responsible for building models from scratch in a very hands-on function. It is a collaborative group looking to add more headcount to their growing team, due to the complexity of the current FRTB project. It will offer high visibility to senior management as well as a platform that provides coverage across market risk analytics for all asset classes. The firm is ideally looking for candidates with prior hands-on model building within market risk (VaR, FRTB, etc), proficiency in Python, and the ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative group with constant interaction with the front office and senior management.
- Quantitative development of market risk models from scratch, as related to the FRTB project currently ongoing
- Working closely with the front office on risk models and exposures
- Developing analytics independently
- Helping to guide and lead junior developers
- 6+ years of experience in market risk model development (FRTB experience preferred)
- Proficiency in Python
- Ability to interact closely and effectively with the front office and senior management
- Higher education degree in a relevant quantitative field