We are currently seeking an Associate to add to our client's Corporate Development team. This role will give you the opportunity to sit within a lean team getting exposure directly to the CEO, CFO and Chairman, and ability to not only execute on a ton of interesting transactions, but also quickly build into a client facing role in the near term. The Corporate Development Associate will also get to dive deep into the Industrial, Agriculture, and Cannabis industry.
The Associate will also aid in the process for identifying, assessing and selecting acquisition prospects as well as performing due diligence investigations of potential acquisitions. As a project leader for M&A engagements, the Corporate Development Associate works directly with investment bankers, lawyers and accountants to ensure the appropriate information is available for strategic decisions to be made by Business Unit and Executive leaders.
This position provides ongoing analytical expertise, combining increased assessment responsibilities with independent project management of corporate development projects, and taking on complex assignments that span across multiple business units and support units.
* Builds and refines complex financial models for company valuation purposes including discounted cash flow, comparable public companies, precedent transactions and leveraged buyout analyses.
* Performs financial analyses/modeling for a range of strategic and M&A initiatives.
* Independently manages analytic and research projects in support of business development and strategic initiatives.
* Conducts complex analyses on special projects to help determine whether it is economically beneficial to build versus buy appropriate solutions.
* Leads due diligence efforts for potential acquisitions, including coordinating with internal teams and the acquisition target's team fulfilling due diligence requests.
* Primary team interface with potential acquisition C-level members in the gathering of due diligence.
* Initiates appropriate research and analysis and prepares reports for internal and external projects.
* Supports strategy deployment process by providing analysis, assessment, and recommendations.
* Oversees and maintains deal pipeline, tracks market M&A activity, assembles internal updates, and creates deal review presentations for CFO, CEO and BOD.
* Ability to analyzing financial statements, trends, and projections for acquisition targeted clients.
* Willingness to roll up sleeves and dive deep into different financial modeling and M&A transactions.
* Partner with operations, legal, and strategic groups within the firm
Requirements and Desirable Skills:
* 1-3 years in Investment Banking or Transaction Modeling
* In depth financial modeling knowledge; Excel
* Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting preferred