One of Boston's top Quantitative Investment Firms is continuously investing in the development and transformation of the technology that powers their quantitative trading systems; these transformations have fueled industry-leading success over the past 5 years, and their assets under management have increased by more than $100+ billion in that time. They are rapidly migrating to AWS and building next-generation application development and investment platforms that are highly automated, scalable, and secure. These systems will handle petabytes of complex market data, supporting multiple types of equities and securities.
You will be responsible for the portfolio simulation where you will be investigating different investment strategies alongside the quantitative investment team. Having an understanding of investment space, data structure memory layout, code parallelization, large computer systems, and data structure memory layout.
The Senior Compute Engineer will be responsible for:
- Managing Software projects from creating requirements, design, development, etc.
- Collaborate on the evolution of investment practices and software
- Review and develop systems for simulating investment strategies
- Build a next-gen compute platform for one of the top investment firms in Boston
The Senior Compute Engineer should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline
- 4+ years of python and/or C# software development experience
- Experience working with large, high-performance, multi-threaded systems
A bonus if you have:
- Experience with large, high-performance, multi-threaded systems
- Software architecture experience
- Data Engineering experience
- 80% remote, 20% in the office
- Located in the heart of Boston
- Industry leading Health, Vision, Dental benefits and incentives