Role: Compliance Manager
Reporting to: Head of Compliance (RC), Luxembourg
We have been engaged by a leading private equity and real estate fund administrator with the hire of a Compliance Manager for their Luxembourg entity. This individual will support the development and promotion of the companies compliance strategy and risk management framework. With 9 offices globally and nearly 200 billion in assets under their administration this is an exciting and ambitious company to take your next step in.
- Support in development and implementation of a Risk Management Framework and Compliance Strategy that is compliant with laws and regulations and takes into account the group risk management framework
- Review existing Financial Crime procedures and update when required
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with all key stakeholders including regulators, authorities, colleagues across both entities in Luxembourg and the wider group, and clients (where appropriate)
- Support the Head of Compliance, PSF, in the drafting of proper compliance reporting to the Conducting Officers and the board of directors.
- Participate actively in developing and promoting of a positive, strong, commercial and compliant culture within the compliance team
- Support the Head of Compliance, PSF, in providing required Financial Crime training and awareness raising measures to the staff in line with group standards
- Support the set-up and implementation of depositary services in collaboration with external legal advisers from a legal, regulatory and compliance perspective
- Support relevant audits, regulatory visits, inspections and regulatory correspondence
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of a monitoring programme for Risk Assurance; undertaking testing, monitoring and related projects in support of this programme
- Assist with the review of ISARs (internal suspicious activity reports) and work with external authorities as may be required, in the absence of the Head of Compliance, PSF
- Suitable degree (preferred) or excellent hands-on financial services experience in Compliance / Financial Crime
- Minimum of 5-8 years' relevant finance industry experience, preferred experience in a fund administration and/or depositary service organisation
- Deep knowledge of funds and fund regulation
- Comprehensive knowledge of the AML rules and regulations and a detailed understanding of compliance related Risk Management
- Comprehensive knowledge of legal and regulatory framework as they apply to Fund Administrators
- Strong English skills, written and spoken
- Ability to make pragmatic decisions whilst managing conflicting and demanding deadlines
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to contribute to strategic decision-making process, to develop policy, procedure and processes and implement change.
- Ability to promptly and appropriately escalate risks and/or failures of standards to be met, with suggested solutions
- Good problem solving skills, demonstrating a solution-driven approach