An industry-leading Fortune-500 asset-based trading power company is looking to grow out their US footprint and bring on an experienced commodity risk analyst to work within their power and renewables team in the commercial business for their Houston office.
The firm has been growing significantly over the past couple years as they've been acquiring generating assets across all forms of renewables, and are one of the biggest asset-based traders in the industry.
The hire will report directly to the head of the commercial business serving as a Risk Analyst covering financial modeling and risk analytics associated with the new power and renewable projects, and become an expert on their ETRM platform Allegro.
The firm is ideally looking for someone with 3+ years of experience, and candidates that have previously worked with Allegro.
- Apply financial modeling and risk measurements to model risks associated with power and renewable generation projects
- Working on complex risk measurements
- Strong analytical, written, and communication skills
- Knowledge of the energy markets
- 3+ years of experience in energy risk industry
- Familiarity with the ETRM platform Allegro
- Familiarity with financial markets, pricing models, credit risk, and market risk