Cloud Data Architect (AWS/Python) | Elite Hedge Fund | Boston
An Elite Quantitative Investment Firm in Boston, MA has consistently delivered outstanding returns to its investors over the past 5 years; they have more than doubled in AUM over this period, and now manage $110+ Billion. They are looking for a hands-on data architect with deep expertise in AWS to help lead their new cloud group. This position will take end-to-end ownership of designing, implementing, and delivering greenfield systems, which will transform the scope and scale of this firm's data ingestion, analytics, and trading systems.
The Cloud Data Architect will collaborate with a lean, senior team to build new data systems from scratch designed to handle petabytes of real-time data. This team will interface with portfolio managers and traders to elicit requirements, and will work directly with the business to define the firm's overall data strategy.
- Take end to end ownership of implementing a petabyte scale data systems
- Research and evaluate cutting-edge AWS, Big Data, and HPC technologies to contribute to project roadmap
- Build POCs in an iterative process by collaborating with the business throughout this project's evolution
- Act as a critical thought leader and cloud SME, consulting and mentoring other teams as this team's new systems transform the way this firm is able to leverage real-time data
- BS or equivalent degree
- 8+ years of hands-on software development or data engineering experience
- Significant expertise with multiple AWS services (Kinesis, Athena, Redshift, Snowflake Lambda, EMR, Glue, etc.)
- Expertise with Python, Spark, and Hadoop
- Industry leading compensation and benefits
- Work from home flexibility
- A close-knit culture, prioritizing work life balance, professional development, and collaboration across all levels of the business